Αλεξάνδρειο ΤΕΙ Θεσσαλονίκης σε συνεργασία με το Τμήμα Βιβλιοθηκονομίας
και Συστημάτων Πληροφόρησης και άλλους οργανισμούς,
οργανώνει τον προσεχή Νοέμβριο το Διεθνές Συνέδριο
MTSR 2013: 7th Metadata and Semantics Research Conference.
Ο Δικτυακός τόπος του συνεδρίου είναι: http://mtsr2013.teithe.gr/.
πρόσκληση για κατάθεση επιστημονικών εργασιών: http://mtsr2013.teithe.gr/inde
Δείτε τις πληροφορίες για εγγραφή στο συνέδριο: http://mtsr2013.teithe.gr/
Ακολουθήστε το MTSR2013 στα κοινωνικά δίκτυα:
pages/MTSR-Metadata-Semantics- Research-Conference-2013/ 164969376992756
" Apologies for cross postings "
2nd Call for Papers
MTSR 2013: 7th Metadata and Semantics Research ConferenceNovember 19-22, 2013, Alexander Technological Educational Institute (ATEI) of Thessaloniki, Greece (mtsr2013.teithe.gr)
It is our pleasure to circulate the 2nd Call for Papers of the 7th Metadata and Semantics Research Conference (MTSR 2013) (mtsr2013.teithe.gr)
Dr Stefan Gradmann is a full Professor in the Arts department of KU Leuven (Belgium) as well as director of the University Library
“Towards a Semantic Research Library: Digital Humanities Research, Europeana and the Linked Data Paradigm”
Dr Michail Salampasis is Associate Professor in the Department of Informatics at Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki
“Rethinking the Search Experience: What could professional search systems do better? “
Scope and topics
Contributions are welcome on every topic related to Metadata and their relationships with Ontologies, Semantic Web, Knowledge Management and Software Engineering, including but not limited to:
- Typology of metadata and metadata uses
- The value and cost of metadata
- Quality evaluation in the use of Metadata
- Metadata reusability
- New or revised metadata schemas or application profiles
- Metadata standardization
- Empirical studies on metadata and/or ontologies usage
II. Languages and Frameworks for Metadata Management
- SGML, XML, UML in theory and practice
- Languages and Frameworks for Ontology Management
- Metadata and the Semantic Web
- Metadata and Knowledge Management and Software Engineering
- Metadata application of Semantic Web technologies
- Ontologies and Ontology-based Knowledge Management Systems
III. Case Studies
- Metadata and ontologies for librarianship, management of historical archives and archeological research
- Metadata and ontologies for the design of innovative products and processes
- Metadata and ontologies for health, biological and clinical information management
- Metadata and ontologies in finance, tourism and public administrations
- Metadata and ontologies in industry, education, agriculture, food and environment
IV. Technological Issues
- Technologies for Metadata and ontology storage and integration
- Technologies for Metadata extraction and navigation, querying and editing of ontologies
- Technologies for Learning Objects management
Paper submission - Publications
Interested authors can submit to EasyChair. The following types of presentation are invited:
- full papers (12 pages) reporting complete research
- short papers (6 pages) presenting ongoing or preliminary research
- posters (4 pages);
- demos (4 pages);
- European and National projects (6 pages).
Papers should be original and not previously submitted to other Conferences or Journals. All submissions will be reviewed on the basis of relevance, originality, importance and clarity following a double-blind peer review process. Submitted papers have to follow the LNCS proceedings formatting style and guidelines. Authors of accepted papers will be asked to register to the Conference and present their work in the form of either oral presentation or poster presentation. The Conference welcomes Workshops and Tutorial on any issues concerning metadata, ontologies, semantic Web, knowledge management, software engineering and digital libraries.
Revised and extended versions of best papers will be published in selected international journals, including the International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies (Inderscience), and Program: Electronic library and information systems (Emerald) (list incomplete).
Proceedings will be published by Springer in the CCIS book series.
The proceedings will be abstracted/indexed in: Scopus, EI-Compendex, DBLP, Google Scholar, Mathematical Reviews, SCImago. CCIS volumes are also submitted for the inclusion in ISI Proceedings.
Best paper award. This award will be presented to the authors of the best full paper submitted and presented to the conference.
Best student paper award. The 7th MTSR’13 conference sponsors a paper competition to recognize excellence in a conference paper contribution whose primary author is a student (normally at a PhD or MRes level). The student is required to present the paper at the MTSR2013 conference. Submissions are evaluated on their originality, scientific merits, structure, and clarity of composition.
Tracks currently being organized:
- Cultural Collections & Applications
- Agriculture, Food & Environment
- Health Information Systems and Digital Libraries
- Open Repositories, Research Information Systems and Data Infrastructures
- Special workshop on Project Networking
June 20th 2013: Paper submission
July 31st 2013: Acceptance/rejection notification
August 20th 2013: Camera-ready papers due
November 19th – 22nd 2013: Conference at Alexander Technological Educational Institute, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Emmanouel Garoufallou (Chair), Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Jane Greenberg (Co-Chair), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Rania Siatri, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Paolo Manghi, Institute of Information Science and Technologies, CNR, Italy
- Nikos Houssos, National Documentation Centre, Greece
- R.J. Hartley, Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
Special Tracks Chair
- Panos Balatsoukas, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Miguel-Ángel Sicilia, University of Alcalá, Spain
- Nikos Manouselis, Agro-Know Technologies, Greece
- Fabio Sartori, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Juan Manuel Dodero, University of Cádiz, Spain